Monday, May 2, 2016

Interactive Card: the 'wiggle' effect ON YOUTUBE (Altenew Challenge #6)


Hello dear crafters!
Today's entry clearly is a SPECIAL EDITION:
I have created my VERY FIRST Youtube video!!


And yes, I was struggling massively…! haha :-) 

So let me explain where this all is coming from and what actually made me do this:


Many of you may know that Altenew started having Video Challenges since a few months now and while I always admired those crafters actually doing a video of their creations in their spare time, I always thought this is something not for me (lack of time, technical skills, etc.). But some 2 weeks ago I saw the weather forecast predicting an Arctic cold over Europe and so my gardening plans all died out. After all my business travelling I planned on having a calm weekend, and so I thought: why not make a new card and film myself while doing so!? And let's not worry about the editing… I might never do it and that's absolutely fine! 

Well, what can I say, I'm competitive, and especially when it's against myself, and so I couldn't have this SUPER-LONG & really boring video on my phone, I HAD TO DO SOMETHING WITH IT!Those of you who have tried to create a video , may know what came next…. A big struggle of OMG HOW do I edit a video? HOW can I cut it down? Fast forward? Apps/Softwares? Voice over? – No! pheewww this is all really overwhelming!

Well, it's a hobby, right? So it should be fun and exciting! So I started slowly, bit by bit… And frankly, that's exactly what it was – fun and exciting to learn something new! I enjoyed looking for a free editing app, learning how to use it, playing with all sorts of settings (on my phone as well as my crafting table), etc. No time pressure! 

I know the outcome is not great, but for a first try, I am actually quite proud of myself :-)

Yes, next time I will try to  craft on a sunny day, have more training with the editing, might try annoying you with my accent, and so on and so forth… but give me some time, I actually enjoy the (slow) process! 

So enough about the video struggles, let's talk about my creation:

Altenew is known for their amazing & classy looking style, but I was certain that one can do more than elegant cards with their amazing stamps; so I was going for a modern & interactive look!

This is what came out: A ROCKING SYDNEY OPERA card!! Yes, you can wiggle the Opera House with your fingers, and the "mechanism" is all hand-made (no fancy gadgets involved other than a simple gum ring you will find in your kitchen)!!
Check out the video if you would like to see how I do it (yes, a video comes in very handy when making out-of-the-ordinary-cards, to explain in pictures what I have actually been doing to create the 'wiggle' effect). 

Hope you enjoy this raw little diamond of mine & hope to see you soon!

Ah, and a BIG GIGANTIC THANK YOU TO ALTENEW FOR GETTING ME OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE & MAKING ME DISCOVER THIS NEW WORLD OF TECHNOLOGY – AWESOME! I would have never done it without your challenge blog but I am so glad I did! 

Until next time! With a video?? Who knows :-) 

Yours,
Steph
 
PS: I'm also participating with this card in the latest Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge 'show your metal' (what's better than a ton of Liquid Platinum 😉), as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge 'anything goes'.
And this card also fits perfectly to Altenew's latest Inspirational Challenge which is about: AUSTRALIA!
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge BlogSimon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge BlogAltenew_Inspiration Challenge_May


4 comments:

  1. Saw that you were the first to post at the Altenew video challenge site and popped on over. So glad I did. Watching you design your awesome card was a total delight. Also like you writing style. You really know how to express yourself well. In addition, admire your courage to do this. Just getting through the technical aspect would daunt me. For a first attempt it's extraordinary. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Wish you all the success you obviously deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Stephanie, a lovely design with a super background colouring along gorgeous scene created!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty. I love the image and soft coloring, all the pastel shades on the sky. Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, love the different depths you gave the skylines, and the beautiful distress ink sky! The video itself is AWESOME!! I never would have guessed it was your first try! Loved it

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts @CraftedBySteph