Sunday, January 18, 2015

Masking Technique & Watercolor Pencils

Hello dear crafters,

I've had a very creative weekend so far: This time I wanted to test my 'masking skills' (I've never really done this before)!
I love all sorts of 'interactive' cards and I find this cute kitten peeking through just adorable = )

Here the outside of my card:

And this is the kitten peeking from the inside:


There's absolutely no fuzz about this card, it's only a little time consuming to colour in the images & a little fiddly to make the peeking hole exactly where it should be (I don't have a die cutting machine, so I had to measure it all...; I believe with a die it would be very simple to cut out the round at the right spot). 

Supplies used:
- white card stock
- water color pencils
- Lawnfawn - Critters Down Under
- Lawnfawn - Critters in the Forest
- Ai - Cat & Dog minis
- Paper Smooches Digi
- patterned paper (craft)

Enjoy & happy crafting!!
Yours,
Steph

To create this card I was inspired by the following:
Paper Smooches - Anything Goes












CAS(E) This Sketch #106











 Little Tangles: Saying Hello







NBUS Challenge #3




6 comments:

  1. This is very cute! Great take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! It such a cute card and cleverly thought out. Love the peeking kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so fun -- especially with the kitten peeking through to the inside! Very creative and super sweet take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a new and super cute design to me and I love it to pieces, Steph! I tend to put all my craftiness on the front of the card and not the inside so I just love the thought of the recipient's face when they open this darling card!! And go you, working without a d/c machine!

    I'm pleased to join you as a follower and I'd love to have you pop back and follow me on my side bar, too! I'd love to introduce you in my New Friends Corner! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3! I hope you're having a great week and I hope you to see you soon! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts @CraftedBySteph