I must admit, I hardly ever work with craft (paper). I'm not actually sure why, but I think it's because I've only bought a tiny stash of craft once ,and while I love the look of it, it's rather thin.... And I guess I'm reluctant to use it because I only have some 5 sheets or so.
Nevertheless, when I saw the "get crafty and use craft" challenge from SSS I thought it's time to dig out those tiny sheets of craft I have and get crafty - and I love the result! =o)
I find this bunny from Lawnfawn is so cute as well as the trees (they are 2 different stamp sets), and I think it's so quick and easy to create a nice forest scene with these sets.
So this is how I made the card:
- I used a background stamp & clear embossed the black card stock (to give some interest on the back as my front panel is a little odd in size (on purpose).
- I stamped all images (bunny, scarf, trees) on craft paper
- I used a stencil and applied white pigment ink with a sponge dauber (don't touch this and let it dry for a looooong time, this white ink needs plenty of time!)
- I found some great white and soft blue patterned paper and stamped some snow flakes with Versamark ink & then white heat embossed them.
- I stamped the sentiment with Peacock Feathers Distress ink & applied some clear embossing powder (this ink stays wet for a while)
- To finish it all I've stuck it all together with dimensional adhesive, added a wink of stellar on the scarf, trees & snowflakes, applied some glossy accents on the scarf and there you go.
I hope you like my project and as always please let me know if you have any questions.
A la proxima!