Monday, January 18, 2016

Long time, no see..

Hello dear crafty friends!
I've been off posting for a while due to tons of business travelling... and I will be continuing to travel until April, but after that I should be fully back & able to post more of my projects (photos are piling up in my digital storage).
In the meantime, I thought I'll share a very special creation of mine with you guys (created with the most adorable Stacey Yacula stamps - Purple Onion Designs):

And here a few more details:

A little note to the design:
Have you ever had the feeling that -after watching one of those amazing cardmaking youtube videos- you NEED TO SIT DOWN AND RECREATE THIS CARD RIGHT AWAY??? ... I actually haven't... I mean, I would keep e.g. a new technique in mind and try it whenever I get the chance to, but usually I would combine several ideas in my head to create my own eventually...

Well, this time I tell you it was different:
I saw Sandy Allnock's video (see her blogpost here) and was completely fascinated! So fascinated in fact, I had to dig out my stamps immediately and recreate her idea with whatever stamps I had on hand (and a little imagination)! And isn't the result (almost) as stunning as Sandy's? :-)

I love it & hope you do too!!

Thanks a lot for stopping by and I hope to be able to post some projects here and there for you again soon!

Yours,
Steph



P.S.: I thought this card is perfect for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Create with Critters"!  



4 comments:

  1. Oh what FUN! I love Stacey's stamps and they fit this idea perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun card and what a great choice to use the POD cute critters! I've had this idea pinned for such a long time too, ever since I saw Sandy's video, thanks so much for the inspiration and for sharing such a fab design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I masked off the triangles, used an ink blender to blend the ink onto the cardstock :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you were inspired! This is just lovely and delightful, Stephanie! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create with Critters” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts @CraftedBySteph