Friday, November 28, 2014

Anything Goes - Holidays & Clearly Christmas Challenge

Hi again,

As mentioned in my earlier posts I have been quite busy with crafting lately (trying to avoid the last minute card-making stress before the holidays).

Please have a look at a few of my new creations here:
Gold, gold, gold..!!
This background is so shiny, I just love it!
 
I used peacock feathers Distress ink for the background and sprayed some water (with Perfect Pearls in it) over it to make it super shiny & to give it some interest & texture. The lacy stamp and the sentiment are both heat embossed in gold. And finally, I've colored this adorable little puppy with watercolor and added "seafoam" embossing powder to its scarf and hat. Some sparkly gemstones make this card look truly posh I find!


I love this cute stamp set from Lawnfawn with the bunnies, I think it's just incredibly sweet!
For this card I have created a background with Distress inks. But before that, I heat embossed the sentiment, the trees and the snowflakes in white, so that they resist the inks. The little bunny is colored with pencils and added with dimensional adhesives to give this card some depth. Of course the glossy accents on its ears is a must! :-D
BTW: I dedicate this card also to the new Curtain Call 'Clearly Christmas' Challenge! Have a look at the theme:



This card was an experiment for me. I wanted to use lots of patterned paper, but because I don't have proper colored card stock, but only this really thin origami paper, this turned out to be a little tricky. Nevertheless, I think it looks very sweet with the ice fully covered in glossy accents for some extra shine (as well as the cheeks and teeth of the walrus) and the banner is stuck with dimensional adhesives to give it some extra dimension.
Although I probably should have made the ice from white card stock I think the playing with papers was worth a try.

I hope you all like my crafty Christmas output & thank you very much for spending time with me.

Until next time.
Ciao,
Steph


P.S.: I am participating at the SSS Wednesday Challenge with my 3 creations above.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Christmas cards Steph, I love your little bunny - a lovey design and a fantastic blending background!!

    Thanks so much for joinging Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the inking. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are fabulous, my favourite has to be the bunny but the seal is coming a close second.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Most Popular Posts @CraftedBySteph